Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to you TWO


On the night of their birthdays Kelsey turned to me and said "Do you realize that all of your children but one are adults?" She has waited, I'm sure it seems like a long time, to turn 18!! I can not believe how fast time has gone. Every year I think back on the day each of them was born and it really doesn't seem that long ago.


Daniel turned 24 on the 19th of March and Kelsey turned the coveted 18. That is so bizarre to me, it wasn't that long ago that I was either one of those ages!!!!!
We used to take them for individual lunches on their birthdays. Frank would take one and I would take the other. Then one year they decided they wanted to have lunch together. After Daniel's mission and the logistics of where everyone is living, we decided that dinners might be best. So for the last two years they have picked Texas Roadhouse to have their birthday dinners.
I hope the two of them have the opportunity to celebrate together many more birthdays. Kelsey has made the statement many times that she hopes that they will always be able to be together on their birthdays and that sad will be the day when they aren't. For the two years Daniel was in Louisana serving his mission, it was very different and Kelsey didn't like it much.
I have so totally enjoyed the celebrating of your birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment