Friday, March 20, 2009

Orange is HAPPY Right?



LAUNDRY
A necessary evil that I've decided isn't too bad.
I'm a freak I know. It's theraputic for me to hear the hum of the washing machine and the tumbling sound of the dryer. I love the smell of clean clothes. I love the thought of sending germs and dirt to their death. I do have to admit that there is the dreaded folding, you can only smell so long and then those babies need to be folded. YUK. So I figured out a way I might be able to tolerate this. PAINT!!!!


I was going for mango and got pumpkin. But hey, orange is orange and it's HAPPY!
Now, honestly I don't mind being in there washing and folding. well ok it doesn't totally fix the drudgery of folding but it's an improvement.
The votes were cast and the replies varied. Sarah said if you were a Bengal (ISU) it'd be great. Kelsey wondered what I was thinking and it was not mango it was tide box orange. Jonathan loved it. Steven said it looked like baby food carrot puke. Must remember to ask him how he would know that. Daniel thought it was awesome. Chris thought it was bright. And bless Frank, he thinks its wonderful, except he keeps wanting to turn the light out in there whenever he walks by.
I myself took a couple of days to get used to it, but now I really like it and I tell the orange haters that when they want to spend as much time as I do in there, they are welcome to paint. Not thinking that will happen any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. in this picture it doesnt look so horrid. I actually kinda like it...but in real life...NOT SO MUCH! hehe but if thats what make you happy, more power to ya i say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I wish that I had a laundry room that big. One day...

    ReplyDelete