Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Summer Time

It has been such a long time since I have blogged and so much has been going on. Frank and I went to Ontario this summer to visit family. It's becoming like an annual trip. We love it and have such a great time. This year we went to Ottawa to visit my Aunt Mildred. She's like 95 years old and is still amazing.


Mary Jane met us at the retirement center and brought us lemonade and cookies. I haven't seen them for a very long time. I have alot of great memories of my aunt. She used to take us to the library where she worked, that was a lot of fun. That's where I first heard of the dewey decimal system and learned to catalog books. I remember one of the best one on one times I had with her was when I was in Leamington visiting and she came and took me to lunch and for a walk along the beach. We had the best talks, I remember thinking, "she really gets me." After she had met Daniel and Sarah, when they were very young she went home and painted a picture of them on the beach. It is to this day one of my favorite possessions.
Uncle Jimmy took us all over Ottawa, I loved it, the history, the sights, the company, it's all about who I am. I LOVE living in the United States and being an American, but I am proud also to be Canadian and the history that I have. I always say you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the county out of the girl.

This year we were able to stay with Uncle Jim and Aunt Pat for 2 weeks. They sure went by fast and we did so much. Uncle Jimmy built me a raft, we had our usual tournaments of croquet and bocce ball and went to the sheepdog trials. The weather was great and seeing all the fam was the best part. We even went to the cottage where I spent many a summer. My one cousin owns it now and it kinda doesn't look that same anymore, except for the docks and the lake.

My family totally rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment